Thursday, September 16, 2010

Josie's Nursery

Three or four months ago, my sister asked me to do some artwork for her upcoming baby. At the time, we didn't know the sex of the baby, they wanted the surprise. So they chose a jungle animal theme, as it was fairly gender-neutral.
I chose several jungle animals and other various colorfull animal and commenced painting. My only obstacle was that I live 3,000 miles away from her. I quickly formulated a creative solution in which I painted my lifesized animals on clear contact paper, thus allowing easy shipment/travel to get to it's destination. I went home to her place one weekend and putting the animals up in the new nursury took a little more than 4 hours, including cutting the animals out of the contact paper.
Attached are various photos of her baby girl, Josie's Nursury.









No comments:

Post a Comment